The spot on my arm turned out to be a 2mm melanoma. My dermatologist has referred me to the AZ Cancer Center at UMC. On Monday (March 21), I have a consultation for surgery. Cancer surgery. I am going to have a big piece of my right arm removed, which will make a big scar (small price to pay, though). I will also have a few lymph nodes removed for testing to see if it spread internally. If my lymph nodes look good, I'm done! And this will all be a bad memory. If not, well, we will go from there. I am not so scared of the procedure, having the C-section made me a little more prepared for any surgery. I am, however, very scared of the outcome.
The worst part: my dermatologist told me they'll use a radioactive dye...and all I heard was, "you can no longer nurse your baby!"
I am so lucky to have an amazing family & friends, everyone has really stepped up and offered support & help. Thank you to everyone, I love you all more than anything. I will post an update when I know more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment