Sunday, March 20, 2011

Regaining My Body...Losing My Skin?

My friends, husband, family, etc. tell me that I look great "for having a baby 3 months ago."

I don't want to look great for having a baby 3 months ago. I want to look GREAT. I know this is a "process," but because of my past (and present) body image issues, this is HARD! But I've made myself, and my baby, a promise (I'm nursing)...I will do this the healthy way! I've completely revamped my diet and incorporated exercise into my day. I'm not doing "weigh ins" because the good ol' bathroom scale is not a good idea for someone like me. Rather, I'm tracking my progress by how I FEEL. And so far, so good.

But why stop at weight loss, diet, exercise? Why not completely better myself? I decided to get some awesome whitening toothpaste, and because I don't smoke or drink coffee anymore, my smile is brighter than ever!

Why not make some appointments? Dentist cleaning, Pertussis vaccine, dermatologist to check a spot on my arm I'm sorta worried about...

And that's where my self-improvement story becomes my cancer story.

No comments:

Post a Comment