Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Fine Line Between Stay-At-Home Mom & Single Mom

I just got out of the shower. I stayed in until the hot water was GONE. I never do this.

The other day. I was registering with a doctor's office and they asked for my occupation. I didn't say "unemployed," I said "stay-at-home mom." I don't have a 401K, or even a paycheck. I don't get dressed in certain clothes, or drive to my job. But I don't get a day (or an hour) off, or sick time! I work overtime, and mostly through lunch breaks.

Today, Saturday, March 19th, was quite a day. It was a long, emotional week so I was tired coming in to today. Marsh chose to sleep in a little longer. Ok, I will get Ashley's meds, give them to her, go to the bathroom, get some water, brush my teeth, etc...while holding her. I spent the ENTIRE day with her - as usual - but today was Marshall's early day. He spent maybe 45 minutes with her (I'm being generous), most of which she spent in her swing staring at him while he stood near-ish watching TV. Then he took a nap.

I spent the rest of the day/evening doing my mundane, everyday stuff (stuff that he passes on, including saying goodnite to our beautiful girl). I LOVE being a mom, but sometimes I need a breather. And sometimes my baby needs her daddy.

I deserved every bit of hot water tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment