Friday, April 15, 2011

Cancer Free!

On Wednesday (April 13), I got one of the best voicemails of my life! My surgeon's nurse called to tell me that my lymph nodes are negative for melanoma. I am done with cancer, and done with surgery. I'm sure I will need to follow up regularly, and of course slather up with SPF when I'm in the sun. This experience will just be a bad memory, a life lesson and a scar on my arm. I am so lucky, and the support, love, encouragement from everyone around me was huge!
I've developed a bit of "ex-smoker" syndrome (with smoking AND skin cancer). I can't stress enough the importance of sunscreen. PLEASE wear SPF. And cover your kids in it, head to toe, even if they hate wearing it. You can still tan with sunscreen, or get a cancer-free faux glow!
...and quit smoking! They say ex-smokers are "the worst," nagging everybody to quit. I guess encouraging people to stop slowly killing themselves is annoying. I don't care if it's annoying, QUIT SMOKING. It's such a hard habit to kick, but once you do you'll be healthier, smell better, more attractive and have more money! It's worth it, you can do it!

Quit Smoking Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment