Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ashley Is My Medicine!

Exactly four months ago, I had surgery. It forever changed my life, forever improved my life...I had my little Ashley! Today, I'm having surgery. It will also change and improve my life. Possibly even extend my life.

I'm starting to get scared. Not of the recovery so much, let's face it...pain sucks. But I have a great threshold for pain. Not even so much of the results. I am dreading that phone call, but that isn't at the forefront of my mind right now. I'm really scared of the effect that my limited range of motion will have on my taking care of Ashley! She is my whole world...being a stay-at-home mom is my job, my hobby, my most important responsibility. She is a VERY strong, active little 4 month old, it's a wrestling match to put a diaper on her! My mom is taking time to help, and I am so grateful. And my mom reminded me that Ashley won't remember this (my needing help to take care of her and...MISSING BEDTIME FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER) but I will remember! It will be a bummer to sit idly by while others help me take care of my baby. We're moving in 3 weeks, and I packed SO much ahead of time so that I can use whatever available physical strength & energy I have on Ashley. She is crucial to my recovery...I need to stay happy & positive and she (and her daddy, too!) is the BEST source of that! She's the best medicine!

No comments:

Post a Comment