I'm now 7.5 months pregnant! ...and I'm now going to the doc every two weeks. Last week (29 weeks), I was scheduled for my glucose test for gestational diabetes...I drank a special glucose bev (tasted like the Hi-C Orange drink from McDonald's, like real sweet orange soda but not quite carbonated), waited an hour and had a blood test. My results came back, and my sugars were a TOO high!! Sooo before I'm diagnosed with gestational diabetes, I have to do a more extensive test (my doc literally called it a "three hour torture test"). Tomorrow, I have to get myself to the lab at 7:30am, drink the McDonald's Hi-C again, and take a blood test every hour for THREE hours. The first test results absolutely could be an anomaly, the second test could say that everything is fine...or I COULD have gestational diabetes. Diabetes runs in my mom's family, so genetics could be against me. Gestational diabetes is very common, and is definitely not the WORST that could happen, but anything that goes "wrong" in a pregnancy can be scary...and my motherly instinct has started to kick in, and if something isn't perfect, I blame myself. With so many possibilities, from absolutely nothing wrong to gestational diabetes, I am trying to stay positive and hope for the best! Only time will tell, I will know more after tomorrow...
((on a positive note, Ashley is growing wonderfully! She is measuring about a week ahead, so we may have a Thanksgiving baby! Daddy is on vacation this week- woo hoo -so we're going to attempt tearing apart her bedroom, getting rid of stuff and possibly painting!))




No comments:
Post a Comment