Saturday, June 26, 2010

How Do I Love Thee? Let me...imagine...the ways?

Tonight, Marshall and I watched Paper Heart...it's a documentary/mockumentary that follows a 20-something girl as she seeks info on LOVE, featuring a bunch of the actors from Judd Apatow's clique.  Anddd it got me thinkin'...there's a question that I've asked myself SEVERAL times in the past, and also asked Marsh...
How do I know that I'm in love?!
And the answer?  I don't have an answer! I can not put the reason I love my husband into a cohesive sentence.  But when I ask myself this question, or hear the words LOVE, HUSBAND, MARRIAGE, MARSHALL, etc...I get this feeling.  My brain turns into a slide show, and I can SEE my feelings.  All those years of hearing that cliche "you just know" answer about love makes sense.  You really do JUST KNOW.
I've come to the conclusion that two things happen when you ask someone to describe their true love, or WHY they love that person.  One, like me, you go blank.  Well, blank on the outside... you can be the most articulate, outspoken person, and you are at a loss for words.   Or two, you can't narrow it down to one (hundred) reason.  Words and phrases just start flowing.  "He makes me laugh...he's smart...he takes care of me...we have SO many good memories...he doesn't criticize me..."   Both have happened to me, so both must be right.  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. i used to think that if you couldn't say WHY you loved someone, you didn't... but now that i know i truly love someone, i know it can be hard to describe, and it doesn't matter if you can't put it into words, because you feel it and that's enough.

    ReplyDelete